fredag 25 maj 2012

Rose Garden

I had less development time this week due to kindergarten party, wife having to visit the doctor and a business meeting. And as described earlier inspiration has been low. But I did manage to get another wallpaper ready just before Friday's work day ended.

My wife has been on to me for a while about making a live wallpaper with roses. I started the work a couple of times but never really could see how I would do it. I couldn't just use my flower template because roses don't grow on a field with one flower on a stem like daisies or dandelions. However I finally tried it with some more bush like cc images of different pink roses I found on Flickr. Then I played with the angle and size and think the end result was pretty nice:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adermark.rosesfree

I don't know why but I visualized the background as something old with stones, a ruin, a cottage or a wall. When I found a nice creative commons photo of Visingsborg Castle on Visingsö, Sweden I grabbed my tablet and pen and quickly cut it out, stitched the left and right side together for the eternal horizontal scroll and I think it fitted nice into the rose garden.

I also added some rose petals falling like snow from the sky. How can they do that? Where do they come from? I don't know. Maybe there was a storm that carried them long and high by the wind. It really doesn't matter. It looks nice. And If you don't like it, you can always move the petal count slider to zero. :)

If the Rose Garden Live Wallpaper hits some downloads I will isolate some more roses in different colors and add the option to change roses in the full version.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar